Friday, November 6, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day VI: Help, I've Fallen...

 Owwww.

I am such a klutz  sometimes. Last week I fell up the stairs with an armload of stuff so couldn't catch myself and ended up with a nicely bruised left knee and a really ugly - I mean blue/black before it turned purple ugly - bruise on my outer left thigh. It is finally fading away and I go and step on a sweetgum ball and fall, skinning my right knee, tearing a hole through a new pair of pants, and 4 hours later my left hip is telling me that I won't be up for walking much tomorrow. As I said, klutz. 


Even in a couple hours of blowing/raking up leaves, I didn't fall (I don't think an almost-trip that only minorly wrenched my ankle counts) but when I was locking up the shed after I got back home, bam. I was down on the ground and staring up at the lovely colors of the sweetgum tree.



It doesn't help that my joints, especially my lower legs, have been paining me enough that my doctor had blood drawn to test for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Vitamin D deficiency and a few other things. Results are not in yet, but that was the most blood I've had drawn, other than by the Red Cross. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is the Vitamin D deficiency (I am pale as a ghost and wear at least SPF 55 sunscreen every day) as that is the easiest to deal with

No comments:

Post a Comment