Friday, November 27, 2009

NaBloPoMo Day XXVII: T-day dinner plus 27 hours & still recovering

Didn't do much today. Brain still recovering from the L. Tryptophan and  body still recovering from cooking and cleaning all day yesterday. I did a bit of Black Friday shopping...from right here at my computer. I am not determined (ahem-crazy) enough to brave the crowds today. My frustration level and hurting body could not cope with that. 
 
So instead I read, surfed the internet, communicated with some family, took a bath, and watched the boob tube. Specifically, Dirty Jobs (and one of my TV boyfriends, Mike Rowe.) He ended the episode "Safety Third" (about individual responsibility in a dangerous world) with a quote from Theodore Roosevelt to his son:

The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life.




blarg

No comments:

Post a Comment